Sweet bell peppers are a good source of vitamin C, which helps the body fight infection and absorb folate and iron. And what bright flavor and color! —Tammi Kettenbach, Jerseyville, Illinois
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 each medium sweet orange, red and yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet cook the peppers and mushrooms in oil over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the spinach, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or just until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to skillet; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Orzo with Peppers & Spinach in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p35
Reviews for Orzo with Peppers & Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review