Orzo with Parmesan & Basil
Dried basil adds its rich herb flavor to this creamy and delicious skillet side dish that's table-ready in just minutes! Thanks to Anna Chaney of Antigo, Wisconsin for sharing her recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute orzo in butter for 3-5 minutes or until
- lightly browned.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender. Stir
- in the cheese, basil and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 285 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.