Dried basil adds its rich herb flavor to this creamy and delicious skillet side dish that's table-ready in just minutes! Thanks to Anna Chaney of Antigo, Wisconsin for sharing her recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta or pearl couscous
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute orzo in butter for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender. Stir in the cheese, basil and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orzo with Parmesan & Basil in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p22
Reviews for Orzo with Parmesan & Basil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review