- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute orzo in butter for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender. Stir in the cheese, basil and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Orzo with Parmesan & Basil
Sort By :
Delicious! The whole family enjoyed it.
too much basil
I absolutely love this recipe! I make it a meal by adding a pound of ground turkey and a little more cheese and milk. It's simple and quick
I've made this recipe several times. It's a great spontaneous side dish because I typically have all of the ingredients on hand. I substitute whatever white shredded cheese I have on hand - mozzarella and provolone are both good.
I make this as a side dish frequently-it goes together fast. I add the basil at the beginning, as well as 1/8 tsp. each garlic powder and onion powder. Mushrooms are a great addition as well!