Orzo with Feta and Almonds Recipe
Quick-cooking orzo pasta is the secret to getting this side dish on the table in a jiffy. It pairs well with a variety of entrees.Clara Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Drain orzo; transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheese, almonds, currants, parsley, oregano and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, peel, salt, pepper and the remaining olive oil. Drizzle over orzo mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orzo with Feta and Almonds in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p90
Reviews for Orzo with Feta and Almonds(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review