Orzo Vegetable Salad Recipe
Heading to a cookout and need something to share? Tangy lemon dressing over cool orzo and vegetables is everything you want in a summer dish.—Terri Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, onions, cheese and capers. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- 3. Drain orzo and rinse in cold water. Add to vegetable mixture.
- 4. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 259 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC