Orzo Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, onions, cheese and capers. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- 3. Drain orzo and rinse in cold water. Add to vegetable mixture.
- 4. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 259 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Orzo Vegetable Salad
"Such a beautiful looking and amazing salad with fantastic flavor. I use 3/4 - 1 C of orzo, about 8 C spinach and halved grape tomatoes. I haven't needed to make extra dressing because of the ingredient increase, but could easily do so. The dressing is soooo good!"
"Love this! Anytime I can use tarragon I am happy. And when it's a hot summer day, salads like this are a tasty treat!"
"I've made this recipe a couple of times since discovering it. It is very flavorful and light and goes well with meat or seafood."
"This was an excellent and light salad. Very flavorful!"