Heading to a cookout and need something to share? Tangy lemon dressing over cool orzo and vegetables is everything you want in a summer dish.—Terri Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, onions, cheese and capers. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Drain orzo and rinse in cold water. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orzo Vegetable Salad in Country Woman June/July 2011, p47
Reviews for Orzo Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review