Orzo-Tuna Salad with Tomatoes
Stuffed tomatoes provide endless options when you add meat, cheese, rice, veggies – or in this case, orzo. — Jenni Dise, Phoenix, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 16 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 pouch (11 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Arrange sliced tomatoes on
- a serving plate; top with whole basil leaves.
- Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add
- tuna, cheese and minced basil. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar,
- salt and pepper; drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to combine.
- Spoon over tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 392 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.