Stuffed tomatoes provide endless options when you add meat, cheese, rice, veggies – or in this case, orzo. — Jenni Dise, Phoenix, Arizona
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 16 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 pouch (11 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Arrange sliced tomatoes on a serving plate; top with whole basil leaves.
- Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add tuna, cheese and minced basil. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to combine. Spoon over tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orzo-Tuna Salad with Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orzo-Tuna Salad with Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review