- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 16 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 pouch (11 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Arrange sliced tomatoes on a serving plate; top with whole basil leaves.
- Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add tuna, cheese and minced basil. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to combine. Spoon over tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Orzo-Tuna Salad with Tomatoes
Sort By :
I was not impressed with this meal. I was craving tomatoes for the past couple days so I thought this would be a good fix, but it felt lacking in flavor.
Very good and very easy. Since I did not have any fresh basil, I used dried very sparingly. Husband and I both agree it's a keeper!
This was ok. I think it's missing something.
Followed recipe. Did use Albacore tuna. I thought there was too much bazil (I like bazil). It would make a nice light summer lunch.