Take mac and cheese to a new level using orzo pasta and fontina. With a pop of color from sweet red peppers, these timbales bake in ramekins for perfect individual servings.—Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook orzo according to package directions for al dente; drain. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in cheese, peppers and olives. Divide among six greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and nutmeg; pour over orzo mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, run a knife around sides of ramekins and invert onto serving plates. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orzo Timbales with Fontina Cheese in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Orzo Timbales with Fontina Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review