- 2/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Set aside 6 tablespoons pulp for filling. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. Drain orzo.
- In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, orzo and reserved pulp. Spoon into tomatoes.
- Place in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Orzo-Stuffed Tomatoes
"All I can say is WOW. Easy to make and tastes delicious."
"I made this again tonight with Quinoa instead of orzo so we would get more protein. YUM!! Again a delicious combo."
"LOVE this recipe! I didn't have any parsley and used dried basil and it was a total hit! Making it again tonight."
"I made approx 1/3 recipe and used up some extra orzo from last evening. For butter I used Irish Herb butter and added a bit extra fresh basil! I added the paprika to the mixture and the extra stuffing was served along side. Very delicious!"