Orzo Shrimp Stew Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add the broccoli, tomatoes and orzo. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and orzo is tender. Stir in basil and butter. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-3/4 cups) equals 401 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Orzo Shrimp Stew
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.