Since Lisa Stinger and her husband really enjoy seafood, she doesn't skimp on shrimp in this recipe! "This mildly seasoned stew has other satisfying ingredients, too, like broccoli, tomatoes and pasta," she writes from Hamilton, New Jersey.
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add the broccoli, tomatoes and orzo. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and orzo is tender. Stir in basil and butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orzo Shrimp Stew in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orzo Shrimp Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review