Orzo Pilaf with Mushrooms Recipe
Just a few ingredients produce fantastic flavors for an easy meal any hectic night. Served with Spicy Tomato Pork Chops, a complete dinner is on the table in 30 minutes. —Renee Zimmer, Gig Harbor, Washington
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Add the broth, orzo, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 275 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Orzo Pilaf with Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC