Orzo Cheesecake Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup canned sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix, sour cream and pineapple. Toss banana with lemon juice; stir into pudding mixture. Stir in the oranges, marshmallows, pecans, peaches, cherries and orzo. Fold in whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup: 270 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Orzo Cheesecake Fruit Salad
"It was good but nothing spectacular. I made it as part of my Easter menu because it sounded yummy and a bit unique but slightly disappointed. Not saying it was bad, just not as good as I was expecting based on the reviews. It was well received by the guests, however!"
"The whole family loved this recipe as is :)"
"This is a good fruit dish and is great to take to pot luck dinners.@ cottey - you could sub clementines, tangerines or even oranges for the madarin oranges."
"I made this salad over the weekend for a Ladie's Brunch. Everyone loved it! My aunt even asked for the recipe so that she could take it to a church function the next day. At first the list of ingredients looks like a lot, but it's really not. I made it just as the recipe called for with the exception of adding the bananas. (A few of us cannot eat the bananas). It makes a lot, too, which was good since my husband liked the leftovers!"
"Made this for Easter dinner and got rave reviews. Everyone loved it and I am looking for another excuse to make it."
"It sounds good, but I have family alergic to mandarin oranges. Any suggestions on what I could substitute?"
"Loved the recipe~took it to a surprise party and was gone in a flash!!"
"My husband loves this recipe. I leave out the coconut but its fast and easy to make. Great for cookouts."
"Not huge with the kids who have texture issues, but the adults LOVED IT! I threw some blueberries in for extra color!"