Orzo Cheesecake Fruit Salad Recipe
This salad features my favorite fruits, complemented by the creamy pudding mix. It even works as a dessert. —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup canned sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix, sour cream and pineapple. Toss banana with lemon juice; stir into pudding mixture. Stir in the oranges, marshmallows, pecans, peaches, cherries and orzo. Fold in whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup equals 270 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Orzo Cheesecake Fruit Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC