- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup canned sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix, sour cream and pineapple. Toss banana with lemon juice; stir into pudding mixture. Stir in the oranges, marshmallows, pecans, peaches, cherries and orzo. Fold in whipped topping. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Orzo Cheesecake Fruit Salad
"It was good but nothing spectacular. I made it as part of my Easter menu because it sounded yummy and a bit unique but slightly disappointed. Not saying it was bad, just not as good as I was expecting based on the reviews. It was well received by the guests, however!"
"The whole family loved this recipe as is :)"
"This is a good fruit dish and is great to take to pot luck dinners.@ cottey - you could sub clementines, tangerines or even oranges for the madarin oranges."
"I made this salad over the weekend for a Ladie's Brunch. Everyone loved it! My aunt even asked for the recipe so that she could take it to a church function the next day. At first the list of ingredients looks like a lot, but it's really not. I made it just as the recipe called for with the exception of adding the bananas. (A few of us cannot eat the bananas). It makes a lot, too, which was good since my husband liked the leftovers!"
"Made this for Easter dinner and got rave reviews. Everyone loved it and I am looking for another excuse to make it."
"It sounds good, but I have family alergic to mandarin oranges. Any suggestions on what I could substitute?"
"Loved the recipe~took it to a surprise party and was gone in a flash!!"
"My husband loves this recipe. I leave out the coconut but its fast and easy to make. Great for cookouts."
"Not huge with the kids who have texture issues, but the adults LOVED IT! I threw some blueberries in for extra color!"