Orzo and Peppers Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 package (8 ounces) uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin 1-inch-long pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin 1-inch-long pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add orzo. Cook according to package directions; drain. In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute 2 minutes longer. Add the orzo, cheese and vinegar; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Orzo and Peppers
Sort By :
I wanted a side dish to accompany a simple, crumb-topped baked fish...and I was out of rice. I made this, and it is very good! It makes quite a lot, but is better the second day.
I have made this many times, with one change. I broil or grill the peppers instead of saute them. This is awesome with grilled meats.