Ornament Popcorn Balls
These gooey-sweet treats are great for dressing up the tree with a little more than the classic popcorn string. And they're yummier and fun for the family, too. — Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional decorations: candy canes, candy spearmint leaves and assorted gumdrops
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a large saucepan, combine
- marshmallows, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat
- until melted. Pour over popcorn; mix well. Cool slightly.
- With greased hands, shape mixture into 12 popcorn balls, about 3/4
- cup each. Place on waxed paper. Decorate as desired; let stand until
- set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 popcorn ball (calculated without decorations) equals 162 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.