Orlando Orange Fritters Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the eggs, orange juice, butter and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust warm fritters with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 20 fritters.
Reviews for Orlando Orange Fritters(2)
Sort By :
If you want a quick, fatty alternative to a fried yeast doughnut this is it. However, the orange taste does not sufficiently mask the oily fried exterior. I did add extra grated orange as the other reviewer suggested, but still found the result unsatisfactory.
This is wonderful - I will definitely make it again! The only change I will make next time is to use 2Tbsp orange peel instead of 1, but that is just a personal preference. Wonderful Recipe!