Orient Express Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sesame ginger marinade
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, noodles, onions, cheese, cranberries and sesame seeds. Divide among four plates. Top with oranges and almonds. Cut chicken into diagonal slices; arrange over each salad. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orient Express Chicken Salad(4)
Sort By :
good recipe but better after I made modifications, didn't have ginger sesame marinade so made my own marinade:
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp sriracha sauce
Had a very nice flavor, but I would not put in the parmesan cheese next time. I don't think the cheese went well with the flavors.
Excellent salad, a good crusty bread is all you need for a complete meal.
I didn't have balsamic vinaigrette, so I used half balsamic vinegar and half olive oil.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Salads >