Oregon's Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Oregon has an abundance of nuts, and these nutty cookies are popular with the ladies at my craft club. Growing up during the Depression, my mother taught us to use what was available and said, "It doesn't have to be expensive to be good." She was right! —Selmer Looney, Eugene, Oregon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1. **Shopper please buy x4 except for hazelnuts. Nuts will be omitted from the test**
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to batter. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 3. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten lightly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Oregon's Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookie
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2014
"this tasted like a chocolate chip cookie with nuts in it. it was very delicious"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC