Oregon Muffuletta Recipe
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 round loaf (2 pounds) unsliced Italian bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham, divided
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; chill for at least 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Cut a thin slice off the top of the bread; hollow out the bottom half, leaving a 1-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.)
- 3. Drain 1/4 cup liquid from the fruit mixture; brush on inside of bread shell. In bottom of bread shell, layer half of the ham, 1-1/4 cups fruit mixture, cheese, remaining fruit mixture and remaining ham. Replace bread top and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- 4. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 447 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Oregon Muffuletta
"Might want to add jar of pickled mix peppers carrots cauliflower etc. Whats the name? Goood!! Thanks drain well before chopping."