Flecks of zucchini give these savory, moist pancakes a pretty appearance. For a suppertime side dish, field editor Leann Meeds of Klamath Falls, Oregon suggests topping them with spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Combine the zucchini, egg, onion and mayonnaise; stir into dry ingredients until well blended.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Drop zucchini mixture by cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p22
Reviews for Oregano Zucchini Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review