- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Combine the zucchini, egg, onion and mayonnaise; stir into dry ingredients until well blended.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Drop zucchini mixture by cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Oregano Zucchini Pancakes
"Great recipe. I used my fresh basil instead of oregano and will omit salt next time."
"I make these every summer when I have lots of zucchini. Excellent with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese!"
"LOVE this recipe. I always make it alongside chicken parmesan."
"I made these for lunch yesterday and I couldn't stop eating them. I followed the recipe as written only the cheese I used was a Parmesan-Romano blend. Go easy on the salt since the cheese is quite salty. I'm going to make some more today and am thinking of throwing in some chopped fresh basil from my garden. I topped the pancakes with low fat sour cream, but I've been thinking a homemade tomato sauce would be good if you're serving these for dinner. I just saute a chopped onion in some olive oil until soft (not brown), add a couple of minced garlic cloves and cook just for a minute or two. Then I add about two pounds of peeled, seeded, and chopped fresh tomatoes (Roma or plum tomatoes work well). Salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium-low heat until cooked down and thickened. I usually add some whole basil springs near the end and remove them before serving. (Your kitchen will smell so good!) I know this sounds like a lot of work, but you can make the sauce ahead. It will keep for a few days in the refrigerator and it's also great on pasta with a good sprinkling of Parmesan."
"These are very good, savory pancakes. Great for a meal with spaghetti sauce or topped with sour cream. Everyone loves them!"