Oregano Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour, oregano, salt and pepper. Dissolve bouillon in water; gradually add to skillet. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and pimientos.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; toss with the turkey mixture. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 252 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Oregano Turkey Casserole
"I did not like this at all. I like oregano but the flavor was much too much."