- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour, oregano, salt and pepper. Dissolve bouillon in water; gradually add to skillet. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and pimientos.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with the turkey mixture. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Oregano Turkey Casserole in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p41
Reviews for Oregano Turkey Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2010
"I did not like this at all. I like oregano but the flavor was much too much."