I like serve slices of this dressed-up French bread with a chef's salad. It's also a great complement to soup on a cold day. Sometimes I hollow out the loaf and fill it with the creamy mixture before baking. —Laura Murphy Ventura, California
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, split
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, oregano, onion and vinegar. Spread over bread.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 16 slices.
Originally published as Oregano-Swiss Slices in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p33
Reviews for Oregano-Swiss Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review