Oregano Roasting Chicken
This is a fantastic five-ingredient recipe that takes almost no time to prep for the oven. —Simple and Delicious Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine butter, salad
- dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken on a rack in an
- ungreased roasting pan. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with oregano. Bake,
- uncovered, 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in
- thigh reads 170°-175°.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 601 calories, 39 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 56 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now