Oregano Roasting Chicken
This is a fantastic five-ingredient recipe that takes almost no time to prep for the oven. —Simple and Delicious Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salad dressing mix and lemon
- juice. Place chicken on a rack in an ungreased roasting pan. Spoon
- butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- oregano. Bake, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 180°.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 601 calories, 39 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 56 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.