This is a fantastic five-ingredient recipe that takes almost no time to prep for the oven. —Simple and Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine butter, salad dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken on a rack in an ungreased roasting pan. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with oregano. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 170°-175°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Oregano Roasting Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p16
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oregano Roasting Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review