- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine butter, salad dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken on a rack in an ungreased roasting pan. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with oregano. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 170°-175°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oregano Roasting Chicken
Sort By :
"Awesome recipe!! The flavor really stood out and the gravy was amazing over mashed potatoes. Whole family loved this dinner."
"This was quick and easy and tasted good. It didn't really stand out for me so I do not plan on making it again. It is good though."
"Great recipe. The chicken was moist and tasty. Next time I will season under the skin as well."
"This is awesome!!!! It was loved by all. I will definitely make this again."
"My kids just loved this. Definitely will be making this again."