- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine butter, salad dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken on a rack in an ungreased roasting pan. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with oregano. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 170°-175°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oregano Roasting Chicken
Sort By :
"This was quick and easy and tasted good. It didn't really stand out for me so I do not plan on making it again. It is good though."
"Great recipe. The chicken was moist and tasty. Next time I will season under the skin as well."
"This is awesome!!!! It was loved by all. I will definitely make this again."
"My kids just loved this. Definitely will be making this again."
"This is a true Simple and Delicious 5-ingredient recipe! It's amazing how good it tastes with so few ingredients! I used a fresh lemon for the juice, which I think is much better, and made a gravy from the pan drippings using Wondra flour."