- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salad dressing mix and lemon juice. Place chicken on a rack in an ungreased roasting pan. Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with oregano. Bake, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oregano Roasting Chicken(5)
Sort By :
This is awesome!!!! It was loved by all. I will definitely make this again.
My kids just loved this. Definitely will be making this again.
This is a true Simple and Delicious 5-ingredient recipe! It's amazing how good it tastes with so few ingredients! I used a fresh lemon for the juice, which I think is much better, and made a gravy from the pan drippings using Wondra flour.
My 14-year-old son made this for a family dinner. It was absolutely delicious.
This is an excellent recipe!! And very easy. Very delicious, MOIST and tasty. My family loved it!! Even my daughter (who doesn't usually eat meat) liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >