Oregano Quick Bread
At Christmas, I deliver dozens of these oven-fresh loaves to friends and neighbors. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartville, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the
- flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed
- mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the pecans and oregano.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 222 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium,