Oregano Quick Bread Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the pecans and oregano.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 222 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Oregano Quick Bread
"This bread sounds good and I'd like to try it, but have a question: Can dried oregano be used in place of minced fresh? If so, what would the measurement be?Sincerely,"