Oregano Quick Bread Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the pecans and oregano.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 222 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Oregano Quick Bread
"This bread sounds good and I'd like to try it, but have a question: Can dried oregano be used in place of minced fresh? If so, what would the measurement be?Sincerely,"