- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the pecans and oregano.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Oregano Quick Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p54
Reviews for Oregano Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2008
"This bread sounds good and I'd like to try it, but have a question: Can dried oregano be used in place of minced fresh? If so, what would the measurement be?Sincerely,"