Oregano Potato Casserole Recipe
Seasonings, cottage cheese, sour cream and eggs dress up ordinary mashed potatoes. These are fluffy and light and pair well with any meaty main dish.—Barbara Stewart, Portland, Connecticut
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk)
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, egg yolks, oregano, parsley and seasoned salt. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into potato mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a lightly greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 164 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 468 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Oregano Potato Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC