Seasonings, cottage cheese, sour cream and eggs dress up ordinary mashed potatoes. These are fluffy and light and pair well with any meaty main dish.—Barbara Stewart, Portland, Connecticut
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk)
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, egg yolks, oregano, parsley and seasoned salt. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into potato mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Oregano Potato Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p41
Reviews for Oregano Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review