Oregano Olive Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings from skillet.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour into skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Carefully return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken with 2 tablespoons olive mixture equals 217 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Oregano Olive Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.