Folks won’t believe a recipe that tastes so savory and special could be so light! Full of fresh-herb flavor, this chicken from Consuelo Lewter of Murfreesboro, Tennessee boasts a wonderful fragrance as it cooks.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings from skillet.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour into skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Carefully return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Oregano Olive Chicken in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p15
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oregano Olive Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review