- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, honey, oil, garlic and oregano; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 375° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Oregano-Lemon Chicken
"Maybe it was just me, but I thought this was rather bland... It just tasted like plain baked chicken."
"I made this with boneless chicken thighs. Delicious and not too sweet."
"Totally love it! Even my 7yr old! Make it tonight! Easy peasy!!"
"The only 3 things I did different was I added the lemon rinds to the cooking process and the smell was very refreshing. I also used the juices to baste the chicken but it seemed to was the spices off so I added a dash of honey & oregano during the last 5 min of cooking time. It made the chicken look more flavorful and the taste was very good. How can you go wrong with garlic, honey lemon and oregano! Very good!"
"This was super easy and flavorful! I have 4 kids between 10 and 3 and they devoured it. My 6 year old had 2. Anything that's this good and takes 5 minutes to put together is a winner for me!"