Salad dressing mix and a generous sprinkling of oregano add the rich herb flavor to this tender baked chicken from Nancy Moore of Candler, North Carolina. It's priced right at just 83 cents a serving and great over rice or noodles.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salad dressing mix and lemon
- juice. Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Spoon butter mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover. Baste with pan
- drippings; sprinkle with oregano. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until
- chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 364 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now