Orecchiette with Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked orecchiette or small tube pasta
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, 3 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook orecchiette according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- 3. In a small skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4. In a food processor, combine the onion mixture, reserved pasta water and remaining salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- 5. In a large saucepan, combine the Brussels sprouts, orecchiette, onion mixture, cream cheese and remaining oil. Cook over medium heat until heated through and cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 516 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Orecchiette with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.