Small ear-shaped pasta with roasted Brussels sprouts has everything I look for in a main dish: flavor, texture, and stick-to-the-ribs cream sauce. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked orecchiette or small tube pasta
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, 3 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook orecchiette according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- In a small skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- In a food processor, combine the onion mixture, reserved pasta water and remaining salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, combine the Brussels sprouts, orecchiette, onion mixture, cream cheese and remaining oil. Cook over medium heat until heated through and cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orecchiette with Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p57
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orecchiette with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review