- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked orecchiette or small tube pasta
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, 3 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook orecchiette according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- In a small skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- In a food processor, combine the onion mixture, reserved pasta water and remaining salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, combine the Brussels sprouts, orecchiette, onion mixture, cream cheese and remaining oil. Cook over medium heat until heated through and cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orecchiette with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
"This recipe is out of this world. I never knew how good Brussels Sprouts were! This recipe accentuated their natural flavor and added a few other things to bring pizazz to it! I will make this again and again. P.S. Brussels Sprouts are villainized and they should not be! They are so wonderful!"
"Great dish, followed the recipe exactly and really enjoyed it. I prepared it originally as a side dish and have plenty of leftovers, so I will likely add bacon and have again as a main dish. Thank you for sharing."
"Just made this and the entire family (hubbie and 4 kids) loved it! I accidentally only bought 1 lb of brussel sprouts. So I added asparagus in its place! Made it soooo yummy! Thanks for a low cal yummy meal!"
"Made a brussel sprout convert out of me! Delicous way to fix this veggie. Add chicken for a one-dish meal."
"Add bacon and it's perfect!"
"This was really good. Used fresh sprouts out of my garden, and added some cooked chicken, to make it a one dish meal. Needed some salt, but I thought it had lots of flavors going on."
"This was awesome. I thought it had tons of flavor..c'mon its Brussel Sprouts - they are full of flavor. The sauce is a perfect companion. My daughter, who normally is not a fan of the sprout, thought it was excellent. I would eat it as my main dish."
"Based on the last review I added roasted bell peppers, prosciutto, lemon pepper, 3 c. pasta water and its ok. The dish doesn't thrill me even after adding red pepper flakes."
"<p>The roasted Brussels sprouts were tasty. However, the rest of the dish was very disappointing. The sauce was extremely lacking in flavor. I don't know how much of a difference the chicken broth versus white wine would make, but I used chicken broth. I was not impressed and will not make this again.</p>"