Orange Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Squeeze zucchini until dry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, oil, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and reserved zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and remaining nutmeg; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews for Orange Zucchini Muffins(3)
Sort By :
These muffins are super light and delicious! The only thing I would omit the next time I make them is the sugar/nutmeg sprinkles on the top. It doesn't do much for the muffins and I think it would be much better without it. Otherwise this is a wonderful recipe. Will definitely be making it again!
These were so good! The house smelled fabulous as these were baking and my four year old and husband couldn't wait to eat them. I substitued 1/2 chopped pecans for the currants and the flavors blended nicely with the orange and nutmeg. LOVE these!
We love these muffins! We're not fans of raisins, though, so I omit them or add in chopped pecans instead. I also usually sub half of the plain flour for whole wheat flour.