Orange Zucchini Muffins Recipe
For tender muffins, try this tip: When combining the muffin batter, stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Overmixing makes muffins less tender. Chris Snyder - Boulder, Colorado
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Squeeze zucchini until dry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, oil, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and reserved zucchini.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and remaining nutmeg; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
1 muffin equals 230 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Zucchini Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC