Orange Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and oil. Add sugar; mix well. Stir in the lemon peel, orange peel and extracts. Add zucchini; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and baking soda; stir into zucchini mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
1 slice: 275 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Orange Zucchini Bread
"Really good. Cooked for 30 min. No lemons so I substituted orange. I used Pecans instead of Walnuts I like the orange flavor with this bread."
"I like the orange and ginger combination. very tasty!"