These moist mini loaves have pretty flecks of green from the zucchini. I won first place at the Ohio State Fair with this recipe! —Pat Woolley, Jackson Center, Ohio
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and oil. Add sugar; mix well. Stir in the lemon peel, orange peel and extracts. Add zucchini; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and baking soda; stir into zucchini mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Originally published as Orange Zucchini Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p56
Reviews for Orange Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2013
"Really good. Cooked for 30 min. No lemons so I substituted orange. I used Pecans instead of Walnuts I like the orange flavor with this bread."
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2009
"I like the orange and ginger combination. very tasty!"