Orange You Spiky
Don't worry, this cupcake won't hurt a bit. You'll be amazed at what a few chow mein noodles can do when used on this monster cupcake.
Karen Tack, Riverside, Connecticut
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 chocolate or vanilla cupcakes baked in black foil liners
- 1 can (16 ounces) plus 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 12 honey wheat sticks or pretzel sticks
- 12 mini marshmallows
- 12 brown M&M's® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Chocolate jimmies
- 1. Spread the tops of the cupcakes with a small mound of vanilla
- frosting. Insert chow mein noodles into cupcakes to look like
- spikes. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up.
- 2. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the vanilla frosting into a small
- resealable bag and set aside.
- 3. Tint the remaining frosting bright orange with the food coloring
- and spoon into a glass microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the frosting,
- stirring frequently, until it is the texture of slightly whipped
- 4. Holding the foil liner of the slightly frozen cupcake, dip the top
- of the cupcake up to the liner in the melted frosting to coat. Use a
- spoon to add more frosting if necessary. Allow the excess frosting
- to drip off. Invert and transfer to a cookie sheet. Repeat with the