Orange Yogurt Scones Recipe
"My mother handed down this recipe to me when I moved out of the house," recalls Hollye Chapman of Corvallis, Oregon. "It produces a very light scone that tastes great with orange marmalade, lemon curd or most kinds of jam. Use any flavor fruit yogurt if you don't have orange," she adds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 2. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 209 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Yogurt Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC