Orange Yogurt Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 2. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 209 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Orange Yogurt Scones
"I changed this recipe into something completely different. I wanted to use up a container of strawberry yogurt, so I used that instead. I also added a mashed banana. I did not use orange juice, but I used milk. Then I glazed them with an icing I made with strawberry preserve. My coworkers loved them! Maybe next time I will try orange scones."
"I used a 6 oz. greek plain yogurt which was all I had in my frig! Easy assembly and yummy. A keeper!!"