Orange Yogurt Scones Recipe
"My mother handed down this recipe to me when I moved out of the house," recalls Hollye Chapman of Corvallis, Oregon. "It produces a very light scone that tastes great with orange marmalade, lemon curd or most kinds of jam. Use any flavor fruit yogurt if you don't have orange," she adds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Yogurt Scones in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p21
Reviews for Orange Yogurt Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2010
"I used a 6 oz. greek plain yogurt which was all I had in my frig! Easy assembly and yummy. A keeper!!"