Bold orange flavor and a sweet glaze on top make these light muffins extra special. “They are a great addition to any meal,” notes Anne Prince of Courtland, Virginia.
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar, orange peel and water. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add butter; stir until melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining sugar. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, milk and reserved butter mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill each with a scant 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 375° for 13-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon about 1-1/2 teaspoons over each warm muffin. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Yogurt Muffins in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p45
Reviews for Orange Yogurt Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review