Orange Witches' Brew Punch
This slushy punch requires no ice ring to keep it cold. It's not too sweet, so it appeals to everyone. Use this refreshing beverage for any celebration. —Susan Johnson, Lyons, Kansas
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (46 ounces) apricot nectar
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 liters ginger ale, chilled
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water. Stir in the
- apricot nectar, pineapple juice and lemon juice. Freeze in two 2-qt.
- freezer containers. Remove from the freezer 2-3 hours before
- serving. Place contents of one container in a punch bowl; mash with
- potato masher. Stir in ginger ale just before serving. Repeat.
- Yield: about 8 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 122 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.