Orange Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Orange juice adds a tantalizing twist to mashed sweet potatoes. The color and flavor are incredible! —Shirley Bedzis, San Diego, California
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-2/3 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place sweet potatoes and 2-1/3 cups orange juice in a large saucepan
- or Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 35-45 minutes or
- just until potatoes are tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with the brown sugar, butter, salt, nutmeg, ginger and
- remaining orange juice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 195 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.