- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-2/3 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place sweet potatoes and 2-1/3 cups orange juice in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 35-45 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes with the brown sugar, butter, salt, nutmeg, ginger and remaining orange juice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Whipped Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p119
Reviews for Orange Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2014
"This was very good. I used canned sweet potatoes I had canned up after our last sweet potato harvest. So all I had to do was heat, drain then add the rest of the ingredients and mash. I will make this again soon."