Orange Walnut Chicken Recipe
For an impressive main dish that's not tricky to prepare, try this mouthwatering chicken.With orange juice concentrate, orange juice, lemon juice and marmalade, the pretty sauce has a zesty taste.—Moore TerryAnn, Vineland, New Jersey
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, 4 tablespoons oil, soy sauce and garlic. Pour half of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute walnuts in butter until lightly browned; remove and set aside. Set aside 1/4 cup green onions for garnish.
- 4. Add remaining onions to saucepan; saute until tender. Add the next eight ingredients and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve chicken with rice; top with sauce and garnish with reserved walnuts and onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC